jb-Shahi/Krishna Jeera (कृष्ण जीरा) 100g
₨ 1.00 ₨ 220.00
- Shahi jeera's scientific name is Bunium Persicum and it is native to Central Asia and Northern India where it is widely used for adding flavour to rice and meat.
- It has milder flavour than cumin but is rich with a sweet, floral tone, used whole the seeds adds a nuttiness to your dish.
- Shahi Jeera or bunium persicum are a type of spice used while making masalas or spice-mixes owing to its stronger flavor (relatively to cumin seeds), for e.g. garm masala.
- The seed of a Shahi jeera is longer, thinner and darker in colour as compared to plain cumin seeds or jeera.
- It can be spread into breads, biscuits and cakes while baking or steamed with rice varieties for it's flavor.
- Shahi/Krishna Jeera 100g of packet.
- It is recommended to add shah jeera at the end of cooking process as simmering on heat for longer periods of time may cause its flavor to turn bitter.
- Toast the seeds briefly either in oil or dry roast in a heated pan before adding to recipe.
- It is best to store shah jeera in an air tight dry container in a cool dry place.
- If you stored it well, it's aroma can last up to six months.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.